The leaves are changing and falling, the sun is setting earlier and the daily temperature is dropping! Whether you are planning to hit the slopes or head down south for some fun in the sun this winter, your skin could experience more dryness.
What Can You Do to Prevent Dry Winter Skin?
During the colder months the cold air, use of heaters, and the low humidity levels can really dry out your skin. Skin tends to look more dull and less radiant when it is dry. Most people notice more dryness on their face, hands and feet. So, here are a few tips to prevent that this year:
- Apply moisturizer twice daily – a thicker moisturizer may be recommended for nighttime use
- Apply SPF everyday – yes, even during the winter!
- Ask your aesthetician about tweaking your skincare routine for different seasons
- Use a humidifier at night
- HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE – make sure you are taking in plenty of water daily
- Avoid taking excessively hot showers
- Be sparing with exfoliating products
- Treat yourself to a nice hydrating facial once per month
HydraFacial – As Seen on CBS The Doctors
“In this “Anti-Aging” episode, Dr. Ordon demonstrated the cutting-edge, non-invasive, no-downtime HydraFacial® treatment for fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, acne and hydrated skin.”
HydraFacial is our go to facial for those looking to keep their skin hydrated and glowing this winter. We also recommend a few of our favorite ZO Skin Health products like: Recovery or Hydrating Creme and the Hydrating Cleanser.
Schedule a consultation with one of our aestheticians to find out the best solutions for your individual skin type!